Target Zero Waste
An Educator, Humanist, Motivator, Attitude Changer, Author, Climate Leader-Mentor National Coordinator- Waste Management (TCRP-India)
She has been an educator for over two decades, who has won several National and State awards, including national winner of Rustam Irani Foundation’s ‘’Best Teachers award for Excellence in Education” in 2004 and “Excellence in Teaching Award in Innovative Teaching Practices” in 2010, when she worked at Sanskriti School, Delhi. A Fulbright scholar- 2009 and a TEDx speaker- 2017. Chairperson for ASHA school Western Command. Winner of AWWA Award of Excellence- 2017 from regional president AWWA, HQ Western Command. She has also been the Head Mistress of APS (Army Public School) in Roorkee and Lucknow where she emphasised and integrated environmental studies with regular curriculum.
In 2008, she was certified as Climate leader by the Nobel Laureate and the former Vice President of USA Mr Al Gore, who is the founder of The Climate Reality Project (TCRP). Ever since, she has not looked back and has reached out to defence personals from different commands she visited, as well as civil societies including the rag pickers through several CR presentations, hands-on workshops and mentoring programs.
Her profile as a Climate Leader was put up on "Victory wall" of The Climate Project Asia Pacific Summit in Jakarta 2011.
Nita was invited by TCRP to represent South East Asia, to go live from Delhi at the 24 Hours of Reality and Live Earth: The WORLD IS WATCHING, on Nov 14, 2015 fortnight before the COP-21 held in Paris.
On 6th Dec 2016 she again represented India as a Climate leader in the Global Broadcasting event of the 24 Hours of Reality: The Road Forward, hosted by former Vice President of USA Mr Al Gore, founder of The Climate Reality Project.
She mentored for Climate Reality Leadership Corps in 2015 (New Delhi) and in the COVID pandemic she mentored two virtual Global Training program for Climate Reality Leadership Corps in July and August 2020.
She is the National Coordinator: Waste Management, for TCRP-India, under Al Gore’s Climate Leadership Program. Also, in the advisory board of Earth Day Network, Eco Network
email@example.com Mob: 7973641602
and TCRP-India. Vice President Environment Sector (Mumbai Chapter) of the MSME Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India 2021.
She authored two colourful illustrated children’s story books on current environment issues, ‘POLY TRAP’- 2016 and ‘Hello Earth…here we come’ – 2017, published by Rupa Publications under the Red Turtle series. She was the series editor for the Active Teach Saga series published by Pearson Education (2017). She also authored the UNESCO report on ‘GREEN SCHOOL PROJECT’ for Maldives Govt. on behalf of The Climate Project Foundation in Oct 2015. More books are in the pipeline with other publishers.
She firmly believes, that people cannot be forced to adopt certain attitudes, unless they embrace a sense of responsibility and accountability to protect the environment.
An Educator, Humanist, Motivator, Attitude Changer, Author, Climate Reality Leader - Mentor
1. Climate Leader- Mentor: TCRP (The Climate Reality Project) - India
2. Author: - Rupa Publications - Om International books
3. Series Editor: -Pearson Education
4. Resource Person: -Macmillan Publications
• Certified Climate Reality Leader and presenter.
• Fulbright Scholar- 2009
• Profile put up as a TCRP – India presenter on "Victory wall" of The Climate Project Asia Pacific Summit in Jakarta 2011.
• Chairperson of Cantonment Board School’s Management Committee (SMC).
• Invited by Regional Science City, Lucknow to give the Silver Jubilee Popular Science lecture on the topic ‘Climate Change’.
• Solid Waste Management workshop conducted for TEDx Walled City & UNICEF on 6th Dec 2015- India Habitat Centre, Delhi.
• Guest speaker for the Roorkee consultation on the National Education Policy- 2016, Roorkee IIT.
• Authored two pictorial children story books in collaboration with Rupa Publications- ‘POLY TRAP’ (19th Aug 2016) and ‘Hello Earth…here we come’.
• Honorary National Coordinator: Waste Management (July 2020- 2022), for TCRP-India, under Al Gore’s Climate Leadership Program.
• Honorary advisor to EDN (Earth Day Network) in Nov 2020
• Honorary Advisory board member to Eco-network Global in Nov 2020.
• Climate Education Advisory Board member for TCRP-India 2021.
• Vice President Environment Sector (Mumbai Chapter) of the MSME Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India 2021.
• Department of Environment & Forest Govt. of NCT of Delhi
• SCERT (State Council of Educational Research & Training)
• Aus AID
• Eco Designing Workshop for Teachers
• 27th International Annual Arab Children Congress (ACC) held in Amman, Jordan
• 4th International Conference on Environmental Education (ICEE)
• RAG PICKER’s Solid Waste Management Training Workshops
• TERI: Environment Educators Conference
• Climate Reality Presentation: Climate Change & Waste Management
• NCERT: Scripted & designed secondary level Science & Technology (Photosynthesis, Excretion & Circulation)
• Master thesis: ‘ZERO GARBAGE TARGET’ a case study on Sanskriti School waste management- 2005.
• SCERT – Scripted & Designed the training material for Eco club teachers, 23rd – 25th March 200
• Creative Grove, Delhi: Developed Educational Content for CD- ROM’s on Biology and Environment.
• TERI: “Life style changes” manuals for TERI’s First Environment Educators conference- 2008.
• Sau Sudha Balchandra Bapat Award in BEd. 1991
• Best Eco-club school award for the year 2001-2002 awarded by Department of Environment & Forest Govt. of NCT of Delhi
• National Winner of “Unsung heroes…No longer” 2004 - Rustam Irani Foundation Award for Excellence in Education at the National Proficiency Evaluation.
• Development Alternative’s Best Clean Delhi School Award 2003 – 2004
• BHAGIDARI AWARD- 2006 and 2009
• Center for Science and Environment: All India Gobar Times Green School Award 2006
• Environment Education Promoter’s Excellence in Teaching Award 2010 in Innovative Teaching Practices in Delhi & NCR (17 Jan 2011).
• Pearson Teachers Award 2013
• AWWA Award of Excellence: 2017 from regional president AWWA, HQ Western Command.
• Earth Day Network Star Award 2020 for leading and sharing a zero-waste lifestyle
• POLY TRAP- Rupa Publications • HELLO EARTH…. HERE WE COME – Rupa Publications
• ACTIVE TEACH SAGA- Social science (1 to 5) – Pearson Education, India (series editor)
• 365 WAYS OF SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT– Om International Books (under publication)
• 1991– 1994: Hutchings High School, Pune
• 1996-1999: ST. Mary’s High School Pune
• 1999-2000: Green Field School Safdarjung Enc, New Delhi.
• 2000 -2010: HOD (Environment), Sanskriti School, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi
• 2010 – 2012: Head Mistress, Army Public School, Roorkee.
• 2012 – 2014: Head Mistress, APS -3 Lucknow Cantt.
• 2014- till date: Freelancer: - Climate Reality (CR) Presenter, Teacher trainer & Author